Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions relating to workshop/tour/tuition bookings with myself and also those I run in partnership with Alex Hare:
- Tripod Travels: shall mean Lizzie Shepherd and Alex Hare who shall appoint themselves as Tour Leaders on the Workshop or such other Tour Leader(s) as is appointed in place of either of them and agreed between the parties
- the Client: shall mean the person or persons listed in the Booking Form under such prefix
- the parties to this agreement shall be Tripod Travel and the Client
- the Fee: shall mean the fee listed in the Booking Form payable by the Client to Tripod Travels for the purposes of the Client attending the Workshop and including any applicable VAT. The Fee does not cover any costs associated with the Workshop beyond accommodation, and listed inclusive transport and all photographic tuition during the Workshop. All other costs and expenses associated with attending the Workshop are the responsibility of the Client.
- the Dates: shall mean the date(s) listed in the Booking Form in respect of the commencement and conclusion date of the Workshop
- the Deposit: shall mean the sum listed on the Booking Form payable by the Client to Tripod Travels
- the Booking Form: shall mean the form attached to these terms and conditions and comprising the Agreement between the Client and Tripod Travels
- the Workshop shall mean any outdoor photography tour of any place, event or location together with such other details as may be recorded on the Booking Form to include accommodation and transport and all photography tuition from Tripod Travels provided within the Dates.
The Booking Form and these Terms and Conditions shall form the entire agreement between the parties save for any variations agreed in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and no variation or modification shall be effective unless accepted by Tripod Travels in writing.
A Deposit is required when the client signs and returns the Booking Form in order to reserve a place on the Workshop for the Dates. The Deposit will apply towards
The balance of the Fee must be paid in cleared funds to Tripod Travels no later than one calendar month prior to the commencement Date of the Workshop. The Client shall always remain liable to Tripod Travels for the Fee and irrespective of any third party who may in whole or in part pay any element of the Fee on behalf of the Client. Any bank or Paypal charges incurred due to returned cheques or Paypal fees will be debited to the Client and payable in addition to the Fee.
CANCELLATION BY THE CLIENT
Cancellation of the Client’s place on the Workshop must be notified in writing to Tripod Travels.
In the event of the Client cancelling their attendance on the Workshop Tripod Travels reserves the right to charge an administration/cancellation fee of £60 and handle the Deposit as follows:
- where cancellation takes place more than three months prior to the Dates the Deposit may be returned to the Client less a fee of £60 and less any hotel reservation fees incurred by Tripod Travels on behalf of the Client that are non-refundable.
- where the Client makes a cancellation within three months of the Dates and where Tripod Travels are unable to fill the Client's place with another client paying the same Fee the Deposit shall be retained by Tripod Travels in full.
- where cancellation takes place within one month of the Dates and Tripod Travels are unable to fill the Client's place with another Client paying the same Fee the Deposit shall be retained and any balance outstanding in respect of the Fee for the Workshop will become immediately payable by the Client to Tripod Travels.
In the event that the Client wishes to cancel the Workshop and attend an alternative workshop then at the absolute discretion of Tripod Travels and subject to availability the Deposit may be applied to an alternative workshop subject to an administration fee of £60 and any other costs incurred by Tripod Travels on the Client’s behalf.
WEATHER AD OTHER ADVERSE CIRCUMSTANCES
Weather permitting the Workshop will take place in and around the locations described in the Booking Form. In the event of any adverse circumstances or inclement weather Tripod Travels, in co-operation with all the Clients attending the Workshop, will make the necessary changes to the Workshop schedule taking into consideration health and safety risk assessments of any relevant situation and will take all reasonable steps to provide the Workshop within the Dates. Tripod Travels cannot be held responsible for the lack of photographic coverage caused by any adverse weather or other adverse circumstances that may restrict access to outdoor locations.
Tripod Travels cannot be held responsible for the lack of photographic coverage caused by any restrictions in force by officials of any location where the Workshop is due to take place. Tripod Travels does not guarantee any specific photographs or to include any specific person background, location, props, or arrangement, although every effort will be made to deliver the Workshop in accordance with the Booking Form.
SCOPE OF THE WORKSHOP
A Tripod Travels Workshop is primarily a photography tour itinerary, with expert help and assistance on location from the Tour Leader(s). Tripod Travels will also arrange incidental services to help facilitate the Workshop to include accommodation and transport during the Workshop. Tripod Travels will take all reasonable steps to ensure the Client remains together with the group for the purposes of safety and the overall running of the Workshop as a group activity. Provided the Client remains within reasonably close proximity of the Tour Leader(s) (and not out of sight) the Client shall remain a part of the Workshop. Where the Client decides to move away from the Tour Leader, they will no longer fall within the scope of the Workshop and they shall be entirely responsible for themselves, their actions and their own safety.
TRAVEL AND ACCOMMODATION
The Fee does not cover any costs associated with the Workshop beyond accommodation, and inclusive transport and all photographic tuition during the Workshop. All other costs and expenses associated with attending the Workshop are the responsibility of the Client.
Whilst every care is taken to provide the Workshop on the Dates, it is subject to alteration or cancellation by Tripod Travels owing to any cause/s beyond its reasonable control, i.e Act of God, Fire, War, Road closure, illness etc.
CANCELLATION BY TRIPOD TRAVELS
Cancellation of the Workshop by Tripod Travels shall be noticed to the Client using the correspondence email address used between Tripod Travels and the Client in the course of enquiring and booking onto the Workshop.
In the event of cancellation by Tripod Travels, Tripod Travels’ liability shall be limited to a full refund of any sums paid by the Client in respect of the Workshop. A rearrangement onto a future Workshop can be arranged free of charge. Tripod Travels will not be responsible for any further costs, losses, claims or actions howsoever arising, and the Client hereby indemnifies Tripod Travels against same.
ILLNESS AND NON ATTENDANCE
Tripod Travels will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that the agreed number of photographers are available for each Workshop; however, in the unlikely event that one cannot attend to undertake the Workshop, the Workshop may proceed with one photographer and without reduction of the Fee.
This agreement shall in all respects be governed by the law of England and Wales and the parties hereto submit to this jurisdiction.
The Client is hereby accepts sole responsibility to take out suitable insurance policy cover for any claims, expenses, losses, injuries, death, belongings, equipment, cancellation for any reason, any event or matter relating to or dependent upon the Workshop or actions of any kind arising in connection with (but without limitation) to the Workshop.
Tripod Travels does not accept any liability for any losses of any kind whatsoever and however caused arising out of or in connection with the Workshop and the client hereby indemnifies Tripod Travels against any claims, costs, losses or demands howsoever arising in this respect. Nothing in this clause shall seek to exclude liability for personal injury or death resulting from negligence.
INSURANCE ACCIDENT INJURY DAMAGE AND LOSS
As the Client and participant in a Workshop it is your sole responsibility to ensure you, your belongings and equipment are adequately insured against injury, death and accident, accidental damage, loss, and theft, during the Workshop.
The Client herby accepts sole responsibility for ensuring that they have adequate insurance cover for life, medical and accidental risks before, during or after the Workshop. This insurance should cover the Client in the event of medical rescue and/or repatriation costs (in the case of accident or illness). All personal belongings (luggage) and equipment remain the sole responsibility at all times of the Client.
Tripod Travels cannot accept any liability for loss or damage to the Client or their equipment and the Client takes part in the Workshop entirely at their own risk.
It is the responsibility of the Client to ensure that they take heed of any instruction and/or advice given by Tripod Travels and should the Client select any locations or take any route to a location of their own choosing or move away from close proximity to where Tripod Travels are they do so in their own independent and individual capacity and entirely at their own risk and will be deemed to be outside of the scope of the Workshop and no longer a part of the Workshop until such time as they return to within close proximity of Tripod Travels such proximity to be within ear shot and eye sight of Tripod Travels.
Tripod Travels accepts responsibility for acts and /or omissions of its photographers (whilst acting in the course of their employment). Tripod Travels does not accept responsibility or liability for death, bodily injury or illness caused to the client or any other person included on the booking form, unless arising from the negligent act and/or omission of Tripod Travels (whilst acting in the course of their duties during the Workshop).
Please note that suitably qualified medical personnel do not accompany any Tripod Travels Workshop and the Workshop will involve travel to remote locations away from immediate medical assistance. Tripod Travels is not equipped or trained to deal with a medical emergency or to provide care and assistance in the event of an emergency. In the event of a medical emergency affecting any Client at any time, Tripod Travels will endeavour to provide any practical assistance it can to assist the Client.
In signing the Booking Form the Client hereby agrees and confirms that they have read and understood the content, meaning and effect of these Terms and Conditions and acknowledges that they have been afforded the opportunity of seeking their own separate and independent advice prior to doing so.